UK Tiles Direct Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
UK Tiles Direct Ltd also T/A Room H2O is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our registered office is: UK Tiles Direct Ltd, Unit 9, Justin Business Park, Sandford Lane, Wareham, Dorset BH20 4DY. For all data matters contact the Manager on 01929 551963
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We will only use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process orders from you for goods and services
- To deal with enquiries we receive from you
- For the purposes of warranty replacements for products
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules
- For the purpose of debt recovery in the case of non payment
- For the providing finance through Omni Capital and subsequent credit checks
The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal date – Name, address, telephone number and email
We have obtained your personal data from the customer only.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with employees of UK Tiles Direct Limited and their associated sub-contracted employees.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular –
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with legal obligations, or to enforce our terms and conditions
- If we sell or buy any business assets, in which case we may need to disclose your personal information to prospective seller or buyer.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary. A period of six years for hard copies and computer records in order to maintain warranties on products purchased. Records are deleted after two years if no products purchased.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to do so will mean we would be unable to provide a quotation, order or delivery.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You have various rights under the data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to -
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
Transfer of Data Abroad
we do not traNsfer personal data outside the eea
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to UK Tiles Direct Ltd, Unit 9, Justin Business Park, Sandford Lane, Wareham, Dorset BH20 4DY